» version 1.2 - posted on 2007-12-22
Bug fixes and enhancements
EULA - End User License Agreement
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR VANGUARD I.T. SOFTWARE
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This End-User License Agreement (EULA) is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Vanguard I.T. for the Vanguard I.T. software product accompanying this EULA, which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, and online or electronic documentation (Product). By installing, copying, or otherwise using the Product, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install, copy, or use the Product.
The Product is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The Product is licensed, not sold.
1. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
- Not For Resale Software. You may not resell, or otherwise transfer for value, the Product.
- Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Product, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
- Rental. You may not sell, rent, or lease the Product.
- No Other Uses. You may not use the Product in any way other than as expressly permitted under this EULA.
- Software Transfer. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA, provided you retain no copies, you transfer all of the Product, and the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA.
- Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, Vanguard I.T. may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the Product and all of its component parts.
2. COPYRIGHT. The Product is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. Vanguard I.T. own the title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights in the Product.
3. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. All Product provided to the U.S. Government pursuant to solicitations issued on or after December 1, 1995 is provided with the commercial license rights and restrictions described elsewhere herein. All Product provided to the U.S. Government pursuant to solicitations issued prior to December 1, 1995 is provided with Restricted Rights as provided for in FAR, 48 CFR 52.227-14 (JUNE 1987) or DFAR, 48 CFR 252.227-7013 (OCT 1988), as applicable.
4. Exportable Encryption. You agree that you will not export or re-export the Product (or portions thereof) to any country, person or entity subject to U.S. export restrictions. You specifically agree not to export or re-export the Product (or portions thereof): (i) to any country subject to a U.S. embargo or trade restriction; (ii) to any person or entity who you know or have reason to know will utilize the Product (or portions thereof) in the production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons; or (iii) to any person or entity who has been denied export privileges by the U.S. government. For additional information see http://www.VanguardInfoTech.com> .
This EULA is governed by the laws of the State of California
Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, or if you desire to contact Vanguard I.T. for any reason, please write: Vanguard I.T. Sales Information Center, P.O. Box 561625, Los Angeles, California 90056
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Vanguard I.T. provide the Product and any (if any) support services related to the Product (Support Services) AS IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS, and hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions, either express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, of fitness for a particular purpose, of lack of viruses, of accuracy or completeness of responses, of results, and of lack of negligence or lack of workmanlike effort, all with regard to the Product, and the provision of or failure to provide Support Services. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET POSSESSION, CORRESPONDENCE TO DESCRIPTION OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE PRODUCT. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY OF OR ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCT AND SUPPORT SERVICES, IF ANY, REMAINS WITH YOU.
EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Vanguard I.T. be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits or confidential or other information, for business interruption, for personal injury, for loss of privacy, for failure to meet any duty including of good faith or of reasonable care, for negligence, and for any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the use of or inability to use the Product, the provision of or failure to provide Support Services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of Agreement, even in the event of the fault, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of contract or breach of warranty of Vanguard I.T. or any supplier, and even if Vanguard I.T. or any supplier has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND REMEDIES. Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of Vanguard I.T. under any provision of this Agreement and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to the greater of the amount actually paid by you for the Product or U.S.$5.00. The foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
Si vous avez acquis votre produit Vanguard I.T. au CANADA, le texte suivant vous concerne :
EXCLUSION DE GARANTIE. DANS TOUTE LA MESURE PERMISE PAR LE DROIT APPLICABLE, VANGUARD I.T. ET SES FOURNISSEURS VOUS FOURNISSENT LES COMPOSANTS OS, AINSI QUE, LE CAS CHANT, TOUT SERVICE DASSISTANCE RELATIF CES COMPOSANTS OS (LES "SERVICES DASSISTANCE"), COMME TELS ET AVEC TOUS LEURS DEFAUTS . EN OUTRE, VANGUARD I.T. ET SES FOURNISSEURS EXCLUENT PAR LES PRSENTES TOUTE AUTRE GARANTIE LGALE, EXPRESSE OU IMPLICITE, RELATIVE AUX COMPOSANTS OS ET AUX SERVICES DASSISTANCE, NOTAMMENT (LE CAS CHANT), TOUTE GARANTIE : DE PROPRIT, DABSENCE DE CONTREFAON, DE QUALIT, DADAPTATION UN USAGE PARTICULIER, DABSENCE DE VIRUS, DE PRCISION, DEXHAUSTIVIT DES RPONSES, DES RSULTATS OBTENUS, DABSENCE DE NGLIGENCE, OU DE DFAUT DE FABRICATION, DE JOUISSANCE PAISIBLE, DABSENCE DE TROUBLE DE POSSESSION ET DE CONFORMIT LA DESCRIPTION. VOUS ASSUMEZ LENSEMBLE DES RISQUES DCOULANT DE LUTILISATION OU DU FONCTIONNEMENT DES COMPOSANTS OS ET DES SERVICES DASSISTANCE.
EXCLUSION DE RESPONSABILIT POUR LES DOMMAGES ACCESSOIRES, INDIRECTS ET CERTAINS AUTRES TYPES DE DOMMAGES. DANS TOUTE LA MESURE PERMISE PAR LE DROIT APPLICABLE, VANGUARD I.T. OU SES FOURNISSEURS NE POURRONT EN AUCUN CAS TRE TENUS RESPONSABLES DE TOUT DOMMAGE SPCIAL, ACCESSOIRE, INCIDENT OU INDIRECT DE QUELQUE NATURE QUE CE SOIT (Y COMPRIS, MAIS NON DE FACON LIMITATIVE, LES PERTES DE BNFICES, PERTES D'INFORMATIONS CONFIDENTIELLES OU AUTRES INFORMATIONS, INTERRUPTIONS D'ACTIVIT, PRJUDICES CORPORELS, ATTEINTES LA VIE PRIVE, MANQUEMENT TOUTE OBLIGATION (NOTAMMENT LOBLIGATION DE BONNE FOI ET DE DILIGENCE), NGLIGENCE, ET POUR TOUTE PERTE PCUNIAIRE OU AUTRE DE QUELQUE NATURE QUE CE SOIT), RSULTANT DE, OU RELATIFS A, L'UTILISATION OU L'IMPOSSIBILIT D'UTILISER LES COMPOSANTS OS OU LES SERVICES DASSISTANCE, OU LA FOURNITURE OU LE DFAUT DE FOURNITURE DES SERVICES DASSISTANCE, OU AUTREMENT EN VERTU DE, OU RELATIVEMENT A, TOUTE DISPOSITION DE CE CLUF SUPPLMENTAIRE, MME SI LA SOCIT VANGUARD I.T. OU UN QUELCONQUE FOURNISSEUR A T PRVENU DE L'VENTUALIT DE TELS DOMMAGES.
LIMITATION DE RESPONSABILIT ET RECOURS. NONOBSTANT TOUT DOMMAGE QUE VOUS POURRIEZ SUBIR POUR QUELQUE MOTIF QUE CE SOIT (NOTAMMENT TOUS LES DOMMAGES NUMRS CI-DESSUS ET TOUS LES DOMMAGES DIRECTS OU GNRAUX), LENTIRE RESPONSABILIT DE VANGUARD I.T. ET DE LUN QUELCONQUE DE SES FOURNISSEURS AU TITRE DE TOUTE STIPULATION DE CE CLUF SUPPLMENTAIRE ET VOTRE SEUL RECOURS EN CE QUI CONCERNE TOUS LES DOMMAGES PRCITS NE SAURAIENT EXCDER LE MONTANT QUE VOUS AVEZ EFFECTIVEMENT PAY POUR LES COMPOSANTS OS OU 5 DOLLARS US (US$ 5,00), SELON LE PLUS LEV DES DEUX MONTANTS. LES PRSENTES LIMITATIONS ET EXCLUSIONS DEMEURERONT APPLICABLES DANS TOUTE LA MESURE PERMISE PAR LE DROIT APPLICABLE QUAND BIEN MME UN QUELCONQUE REMDE UN QUELCONQUE MANQUEMENT NE PRODUIRAIT PAS DEFFET.
La prsente Convention est rgie par les lois de la province d'Ontario, Canada. Chacune des parties la prsente reconnat irrvocablement la comptence des tribunaux de la province d'Ontario et consent instituer tout litige qui pourrait dcouler de la prsente auprs des tribunaux situs dans le district judiciaire de York, province d'Ontario.
Au cas o vous auriez des questions concernant cette licence ou que vous dsiriez vous mettre en rapport avec Vanguard I.T. pour quelque raison que ce soit, veuillez contacter la succursale Vanguard I.T. desservant votre pays, ou crire : Vanguard I.T. Sales Information Center, P.O. Box 561625, Los Angeles, California 90056